How do I get bubbles in this Jelly (Vellum) simulation?

1968   5   2
5 posts
Hey everybody!

So my venture into Houdini has been pretty smooth so far. Yesterday I tried making a jelly simulation that worked out pretty well with some struggles on finding the correct settings.

Anyways, now I want to add some bubbles into my jelly cube. My first idea was to not add the bubbles to the simulation but to the mesh I will render and fit to the simulation via point deform. That did not work out. In the most extreme deformation states of the simulations some bubbles just "exit" the geometry and reside outside the cube. I then tried just simulating with the bubbles and moving that onto the render cube. That gave me the same result. Looks like this:

As you can see, most of the bubbles actually deform fine with the geometry, but some just clip out.

How would I solve this? I've attached the HIP of course.

Thank you!
Edited by dasfrodo - April 22, 2021 15:51:30

Attachments:
Jelly.hiplc (721.3 KB)
houdini_PheZyB7wTY.png (303.4 KB)

2536 posts
You basically have to point deform the scatter after the simulation.

Attachments:
jelly_bubbles.gif (108.9 KB)
ap_bubbles_in_vellum_jelly.hiplc (715.4 KB)

Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
5 posts
That was it! Thank you so much!
5 posts
On second look, unfortunately the same thing is still happening... any chance of a fix for this?
Edited by dasfrodo - April 24, 2021 07:01:18

Attachments:
houdini_sy64waqWT5.png (110.5 KB)

2536 posts
Try a different random seed on the scatter. And don't slam it to the floor so much..? Solve for the shot, not for the science.
Edited by Enivob - April 24, 2021 09:23:50
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
6 posts
Enivob
Try a different random seed on the scatter. And don't slam it to the floor so much..? Solve for the shot, not for the science.
What if the input is an animated alembic? how can I do that? the file won't work and I tried modifying it, please
  • Quick Links