install H19 hqclient macOS Monterey - Error while finalizing

2080   3   2
2 posts
Hi everyone, I have trouble on Mac...

My problem is to install hqClient on a Mac mini M1 with macOS Monterey.
The full installation package gives me no option to install hqclient, I can only install the hqserver.

With the Beta Houdini launcher, I can choose the hqclient to install, but it ends with an error:
----
Error while finalizing install of HQueue Client: /Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python -m compileall -q -f /Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages returned 6.
----

what does "returned 6" mean ?

it doesn't matter wich Houdini Version. 19 production or daily, 18.5 production ...
The installation Bar is at 99% X-D

I don't know if it matters, I have an indie license

best regards,
Marco
8 posts
Bumping this up, as I'm having the same issue
It's pretty much impossible to install Queue on Mac either through the launcher or the old installation package.
I've tried on two separate Mac machines and getting the same issue
Would love to know if there is a way to get this to work or if other people are experiencing the same problems
37 posts
Bump. Similar issue here. Can't install HQueue on OSX 12.6.1

Error while finalizing install of HQueue Client: /Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python -m compileall -q -f /Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages returned 34304.
dyld: Symbol not found: (_Py_Initialize)
Referenced from: '/Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7'
Expected in: '/Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7'
Staff
1255 posts
RT_SD
Bump. Similar issue here. Can't install HQueue on OSX 12.6.1

Error while finalizing install of HQueue Client: /Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python -m compileall -q -f /Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages returned 34304.
dyld: Symbol not found: (_Py_Initialize)
Referenced from: '/Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7'
Expected in: '/Library/HQClient/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python2.7'

Hello,

The latest HQueue version can only be installed via the "old" Houdini installers. Please download the Houdini 19.5 installer from the SideFX download page in order to install HQueue.

Instructions for how to install the latest HQueue version can be found here:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hqueue/gettingstarted.html [www.sidefx.com]

The plan is to add HQueue installation support back to the launcher. It looks like the launcher currently tries to install an old (python 2.7) version of HQueue that is incompatible on modern macOS versions.

Cheers,
Rob
  • Quick Links