Simpler Node > Actions > Change Type

1094   4   0
380 posts
Hi, wondering if there is a better way to flip a node between hda versions than going through that massive dropdown on the Change Node Type Dialog (from a node's Actions > Change Type ... context menu). With the wonderful new Labs Digital Asset context menu that allows for major/minor versions to be created and managed so much more easily... I thought there might also be an easy way (perhaps from that menu even) to flip the node to a particular version.

Seems like the right place for a nice qt dialog akin to preferences that lets you easily browse and select the versions it manages for the selected node type in major/minor version streams.
380 posts
btw, what does the Force Change on Asset Match option do on the Change Node Type Dialog?
7850 posts
What about the dropdown right on the node's parameter dialog? That's what I use the change versions of a node type. It's hidden by default, but can be enabled from the asset manager.
380 posts
ha. perfect. thanks. didn't occur to me until I enabled it.
was about to mention it here but you beat me to it.

Assets > Asset Manager | Configuration | Asset Definition Toolbar = Show Always.
4 posts
Is there a way to access that "Asset Name and Path" drop down menu and change it with Python?
My goal is to analyze a scene a switch all "outdated" hdas to the latest definition available.

Note that my hdas are saved as separated files on disk:
HDA Name
mypipe::myhda::1.0
mypipe::myhda::1.5
mypipe::myhda::2.0

On Disk:
pathtofolder/sop_mypipe.myhda.1.0
pathtofolder/sop_mypipe.myhda.1.5
pathtofolder/sop_mypipe.myhda.2.0

Thanks in advance
Davide
  • Quick Links