Camera clipping madness

1602   2   1
408 posts
WHat is the deal with the camera far clipping in H19? It just does not work. I have a tunnel with duplicated (copied walls) and it just won't see the geos as full geos. Nothing is packed in there but whole blocks of geometries will just disappear at once instead of progressively disappearing with according to the camera clipping value. Why doesn't it work. It seems to assume that things are instanced but they are not. Any pointers please?

Cheers,

A.
7809 posts
Adriano
WHat is the deal with the camera far clipping in H19? It just does not work. I have a tunnel with duplicated (copied walls) and it just won't see the geos as full geos. Nothing is packed in there but whole blocks of geometries will just disappear at once instead of progressively disappearing with according to the camera clipping value. Why doesn't it work. It seems to assume that things are instanced but they are not. Any pointers please?

The auto clipping plane definitely makes a bad guesses. It's often off by a magnitude of 100, for near and far. It got even worse in 19 because it continuously updates the clipping planes, so you can't use the old trick of homing on a placeholder shape first. Setting near and far clip manually is now mandatory for many scenes.

You are correct, camera clipping will totally throw out whole geometries, they don't have to be packed. I assume this is intended, but it's very frustrating.
408 posts
thanks for your reply. It's accurate when rendering, but in the viewport it's absolutely useless and confusing. I'm not even sure how it works.

A.
  • Quick Links