How to "Solidify" an object?

1481   2   0
21 posts
Hi,
I'm using the "testgeometry_templatehead" to simulate tear🥲 movement. I poked holes around eye area and then tried to make the head watertight, except the eye holes, so that I can fill the object with liquid and eventually the liquid comes out from the eye holes.

My issue is that currently, the object has a big neck hole.
I'm looking for an option such as "merge to point" (from Maya) to close the neck hole and then "Solidify"(from Blender) the object to add some thickness and make it watertight, but I cannot find a good option.

Instead, I tried using boolean to make a hollow object + seal the hole. I also used vdbfrompolygons to make it watertight. However, I lost the eye holes in the process.

Is there alternatives to "merge to point" and "Solidify" in Houdini? I'd appreciate some advice!

P.S. I tried "Labs thicken" but didn't work well for the object.

Thank you,

Yuri

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.32.11.png (871.1 KB)
waterburst.hipnc (1.3 MB)

8601 posts
have you tried PolyCap? (essentially PolyFill SOP set to Single Polygon or Triangle Fan if you really want that middle point)

EDIT: if you then poke holes to eyes though, you may need to use PolyExtrude and also check output Back, just to give t some thickness and make watertight again
Edited by tamte - April 27, 2022 23:53:24
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
432 posts
merge point is a Fuse in H

But I think what you want is a polyfill to close at the bottom. Tomas beat me to it
Edited by sepu - April 27, 2022 23:52:42
  • Quick Links