My first tutorial almost done and.. I missed somethingRocket

2881   1   0
2 posts
Hey!
Newb here! O/

A friend of mine came over with a 8.0 Houdini Cd and he forgot it here.
So i thought i could try it out and see what i can do with it. I really dont know anything about programming or computers in overall but, i managed to get trought the first steps in the help content - the rocket tutorial -

I made my 3D rocket, moonscrap and sky and everything looks amazing.
Then, i started the little animation that you need to do before adding the smoke effects or something.

Thing is, i think my help content is lacking some infos or maybe i just have what i missed in front of my eyes but im too new to see it. So here it is…

Part 2: Part Two: Adding Squash and Stretch to the Rocket
#
Click on the rocket and press i to enter into this object. Click on the merge1 SOP to highlight it. With the mouse in the Viewer pane, press tab> Twist. Click-drag around the whole rocket and then RMB-click to accept. The twist handles are shown at the center of the rocket. In the parameter pane, set the following:

Operation to Squash & Stretch;

Primary Axis to Y axis;

Strength to 0.

Click on the vertical pivot handle to and drag the pivot to the base of the rocket. Now all the squashing will take place around this point.

RMB-click on the Strength parameter and select Bind to Viewport Handle Ladder. This is the easy part, i did it very quick and it was very fine. But the next parts, i could not find…

This will make it possible to use a value grid to set the strength interactively in the Viewer Pane. Where is that? I cant find it anywhere!!
#

Promote Strength Parameter to Type Properties
#

Update the digital asset
#

Keyframing the Squash

Sorry for my bad english, im french.. And i kinda struggle a little bit with english.. And thx alot for the help. I bet im really close to that viewer pane wheres theres a value grid.. just dont know how to pop it up i guess…
thx alot!

Staff
3455 posts
I haven't done that tut in a long while…
but
have a look at this pic…it could be that the handle is hidden…

hope this helps…

Attachments:
handle.jpg (13.6 KB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links