uv quickshade multiple UV's

1149   5   1
413 posts
Because I mostly use Redshift, so Textures are not visible in the viewport I sometimes use the "UV Quickshade" to check a texture. But strangely enough it's not possible to select a different UV set in the parameters. So when an object has multiple UV's you're stuck..

Does anyone know a way to select a different UV set ?

Thanks.
8595 posts
you can alter it a bit and make the internal material use ogl_texuvset1 property and promote to top level

here is an example

Attachments:
ts_uvquickshade_w_uvset.hip (397.6 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
413 posts
Great !

Muchas gracias for sharing
684 posts
I appreciate it, too! Thank you

Cheers
CYTE
Edited by CYTE - March 3, 2023 03:14:22
413 posts
Could it be this no longer works in H20 ?

When I try to use this customized "uvquickshade" in H20 I get a Invalid attribute specification: ""
error.

Same when I try to customize a H20 plain vanilla uvquickshade texture node by adding "`chs("../uvattrib")" in the "UV Attribute" field .

Thanks.
Edited by toonafish - Nov. 24, 2023 07:39:30
413 posts
Finally got it working after fiddling around in the dark for a few hours.

But the strange thing is that I tried to duplicate the settings from the customized "uvquickshade" from H19.5 into H20 by making the SOP editable, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't work.

All it resulted in was errors and crashes.

But then I dove into the "...uvquickshade / shop_definition" in the SOP and without touching anything, Houdini completely froze up my workstation.

After waiting for a few minutes I had to do a hard reboot to get things working again.

But after the freeze and reboot the H20 customized "uvquickshade" works just fine !?

The wonderous world of Houdini...anyone else with a similar experience ?

Anyhow, just let me know if anyone can use the customized "uvquickshade" that works with multiple UV's for H20.

....meh, sorry about the noise. It worked just fine, and after restarting H20 it stopped working again,

just shoot me...;-)
Edited by toonafish - Nov. 24, 2023 15:29:40
  • Quick Links