PDG output names

772   0   0
25 posts
Hello we have a big project coming up and have to batch process a lot of 3d scans, which will then be used inside of unreal using houdini engine. I managed to get a basic HDA setup that polyreduces the inputs and outputs them.

However I am having problems renaming the outputs houdini engine generates using PDG.

When cooking the PDG Graph, the PDG Asset Link will automatically import Work Items geometry output files (bgeos) that have successfully cooked on the TOP Output Nodes. The results are loaded on actors that reproduce the PDG Graph's hierarchy:

TOP NETWORK
TOP NODE
WorkItemOutput1
WorkItemOutput2
WorkItemOutput3

Houdini Engine for Unreal... [www.sidefx.com]

This seems to be the way they are being output using the node names in the pdg graph.
Since it will be a lot of scans I would need the outputs to be renamed after the imported file name to later be able to correctly reference the scans.
I tried a couple of things and have been sitting at it for a couple of days now but still haven't figured out a way that works.

my last approach was setting the pdg node names dynamically to the currently processed file name but I could not get it to work either.

Initially I was sure this would work;
[imgbox.com]

I would appreciate some help or ideas

Attachments:
ScansHDAProcessor.hip (237.7 KB)

• Quick Links