sopmodify and import attributes

571   2   0
4 posts
Hi all

I've got some USD scene and I'm trying to create a pointcloud for a bunch of prims to instance instead. The sopmodify node seem to allow me to get access to unpacked USD in order to run some attribute wrangle to create said pointcloud (I want to export that as bgeo).

In order to drive some of the point attributes I hoped the sopmodify's Import Attributes param would allow me to specify any USD attribute to be pulled from the unpacked USD, but no matter what I do, I only get following

Point attrs
  • usdxform
  • P

Prim attrs
  • name
  • path
  • usdpath
  • usdprimpath

Vertex attrs
  • uv

I can see a whole bunch of USD attributes in the Scene Graph Details that I would like to add as point attrs via the wrangle node, like xformOp:rotateXYZ, xformOp:scale, etc, but these USD attributes just won't show up inside sopmodify if I try to specify them on Import Attributes.

Any clues as to what I might be doing wrong here?

Cheers
R
8591 posts
robomat
I've got some USD scene and I'm trying to create a pointcloud for a bunch of prims to instance instead.
would this help?
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/91384/#post-398208 [www.sidefx.com]
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
4 posts
Thanks Tomas, this looks good, I'll bank this one

My case is a little more complicated as I have some arbitrary usda with a layout consisting of a bunch of different geo prims, a lot of them copies of the same thing, none of which are instanced. Would I need to create a unique collection and instancer per prim? Or could this be generalised so you end up with one instancer? I can see you can specify arbitrary Prototype Primitives, but wouldn't this imply that I have a starting point per prim, ie a prim that has no transform with which a collection can be made for that is passed to the instancer?

Cheers
R
Edited by robomat - Aug. 11, 2023 03:54:19
  • Quick Links