Mops to Renderfarm emergency!!

791   3   2
408 posts
Need help badly to send my Hip file to a renderfarm, but i'm using mops and redshift3D proxies, and although i tried to embed the HDA into the file i'm not sure io did it correctly as the result from the renderfarm is drastically different than my local renders. The proxies are placed differently in the scene or missing. What is the process to embed HDAs into the file please? Any pointers needed badly and urgently please.

Cheers,

A.
419 posts
There could be a variety of reasons why you are getting different results, such as different MOP versions, it might not be related to MOPs at all and it could RS, without a scene these are just guesses. Your best bet is just caching the end result and rendering.
359 posts
I agree that caching and rendering the cache is generally the best solution.

As to why the farm isn't cooperating, my guess is they're running a different version of MOPs than you're running locally. You could try reaching out to them and seeing if they can get an environment set up with the latest experimental build, or whatever it is that you're using.

If you do want to embed your asset definitions into the HIP file, you need to go to the Configuration tab of the Asset Manager and enable "Save Operator Definitions to Hip File".

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-11-17 141150.png (86.2 KB)

MOPs (Motion Operators for Houdini): http://www.motionoperators.com [www.motionoperators.com]
408 posts
toadstorm
I agree that caching and rendering the cache is generally the best solution.

As to why the farm isn't cooperating, my guess is they're running a different version of MOPs than you're running locally. You could try reaching out to them and seeing if they can get an environment set up with the latest experimental build, or whatever it is that you're using.

If you do want to embed your asset definitions into the HIP file, you need to go to the Configuration tab of the Asset Manager and enable "Save Operator Definitions to Hip File".

Thanks, that was indeed the solution. I get identical renders with and without Mops installed afterward. The reason i did not cache is cause i'm instancing RS proxies and it was an other level of complications to cache that out without expecting any problems. Caching RS proxies through Houdini's caching system... i never tried, and caching the Mops points also came with its share of surprises. Cheers.
  • Quick Links