Houdini 20 Clone Panel - How to Change Resolution

825   3   0
3 posts
I have the control panel mostly working with my render settings input, but the render is always 640x480 despite my render settings resolution set to 2048x1152. The panel is currently set to auto, and any time I try adding manual numbers (like 2048x1152) it always switches back to auto. I couldn't find anything on the documentation on the correct format to input here to manually change the resolution, does anyone know?

Attachments:
clonepanel.png (1.8 MB)

209 posts
I wasn't able to change this setting from the panel interface either, but I was able to do so via the Python API. But probably not the kind of workflow required to control the render resolution.

clone = hou.clone.clones()[0]
clone.setResolution(1280, 720)
Staff
4452 posts
Obviously the Render Settings resolution should be respected, and I'm wondering if the fact that it isn't is specific to the Arnold render delegate... Have you tried this setup with Karma? Does it render with the wrong resolution even if you disconnect then reconnect the clone? What version of Houdini are you running?

As for the Resolution column in the control panel, that's a bug that we're aware of (so no need to submit anything). There really isn't any way to set the resolution in the UI.
3 posts
Yeah it looks like it is specific to arnold. Karma lines up and matches on both the karma render settings node and standard rendersettings. When I switch the previously functioning render settings clone to arnold the resolution goes down to 640x480.

I tried Alex's fix and although it is changing the resolution text in the panel it looks like the actual resolution of the render remains unchanged.
  • Quick Links