How to change usd paths downstream?

686   4   3
11 posts
Hi,

Coming back to this particular problem after a year away from Solaris. Is there a way to change reference paths downstream? Last time I checked Modify paths LOP could only be used for texture paths.

Let´s say I have a Stage Manager pulling in files:

/Users/Mike/Documents/Castle/turret.usd
/Users/Mike/Documents/Castle/drawbridge.usd
+100 other files from /Users/Mike/Documents/

And then I want to access the very same data but from a new location:
/Dropbox/USD/Castle/turret.usd
/Dropbox/USD/Castle/drawbridge.usd
etc

Is there a way in LOPS to replace this part in all paths:
/Users/Mike/Documents/
To
/Dropbox/USD/

?
Staff
4164 posts
This involves editing the USD files, since it's modifying the composition arcs. Modify Paths LOP is just overlaying attribute opinions.

In Houdini 20.0 we've added USD Modify Paths, that lets you edit the composition arcs on USD files, not just attributes.

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/top/usdmodifypaths.html
[www.sidefx.com]

Hope that helps!
I'm o.d.d.
11 posts
Ok, good to know will check out that TOP node then. Or resort to write out a usda and find and replace in text editor.

Thank you

Chris
1 posts
Certainly! In the LOP network, use the "edit" node to modify USD paths downstream. Set up rules in the "Path Editing" parameter to replace "/Users/Mike/Documents/" with "/Dropbox/USD/". After cooking the network, the paths will be updated accordingly. Always ensure to work on copies for safety.
1 posts
goldleaf
This involves editing the USD files, since it's modifying the composition arcs. Modify Paths LOP is just overlaying attribute opinions.

In Houdini 20.0 we've added USD Modify Paths, that lets you edit the composition arcs on USD files, not just attributes.

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/top/usdmodifypaths.html
[www.sidefx.com]

Hope that helps!
Thank you for the link, you made my day. If I still face any issue, I will update you.
  • Quick Links