How do i control the number of repeat tiling in mtlx

788   4   0
85 posts
i have simple question
how do i control the number of repeat tiling in mtlx?

thanks ,nir
Edited by habernir - Dec. 17, 2023 08:41:40
2537 posts
Use a mtlxTiledImage node and increase the Realworldsize to introduce more copies.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
85 posts
Enivob
Use a mtlxTiledImage node and increase the Realworldsize to introduce more copies.
thanks for your answer but the mtlxTiledImage its just tiled rate in uv direction and the Realworldsize just control the size of the single square ( am i wrong?)

this is the result

i want to control the number of repetition in the u direction

in mtlxImage i make
U Address Mode: periodic
V Address Mode:Constant

and the result its repeating along the u direction like this

but i want to control the number of repeat in the u direction (i want for example do make 2,3 or 4 lines....)

thanks
Edited by habernir - Dec. 17, 2023 10:58:28

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-12-17 155127.png (1.6 MB)
Screenshot 2023-12-17 155318.png (1.7 MB)

7771 posts
habernir
but i want to control the number of repeat in the u direction (i want for example do make 2,3 or 4 lines....)

There is no built in mechanism for this. You'll have to get out the math and do it yourself. The clamp node can be used to clamp the scaled u and v values to the desire maximum
85 posts
jsmack
habernir

There is no built in mechanism for this. You'll have to get out the math and do it yourself. The clamp node can be used to clamp the scaled u and v values to the desire maximum

thanks. i already know about clamp but i forgot that there is mtlx clamp and thats solved my problem in mtlx
Edited by habernir - Dec. 17, 2023 15:47:49
  • Quick Links