Translate / Pivot Translate relative to world zero Issue.

2720   3   2
4 posts
Hi all,
Quick Super-n00b question. Can anybody show me how to move the pivot and have it relative to world zero? I've had a search around, but can't find any solutions.

I've got a bowl I want to sit on world zero, but it's currently floating in the air. I enter pivot mode and move the pivot to the bowl base, but here's the issue: In C4D I would exit pivot mode, Y position would have now shifted relative to world zero, I would enter 0 and the bowl would pop to 0,0,0. With Houdini, the Translate hasn't moved, so when I move the bowl manually down to world zero the y is at -9 or something.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Edited by Kernit the Font - 2018年7月23日 09:06:19
スタッフ
35 posts
hi Tim - afaik there isnt a way to control pivots as the way you described but i made a vid to show how you can do more precise placement of pivot (because you can input values for the pivot but thats not really useful if you need to do some precision snapping of pivot). i hope that the video makes sense, let me know pls if otherwise.

-f
Edited by fianna - 2018年7月23日 10:20:00

Attachments:
pivot.gif (3.9 MB)

-fianna
4 posts
Thanks for the video Fianna! Looks like the ‘Clean Transforms’ etc is what I need to zero the translation out. I hadn't used that before. Just a different way of working. #houdinimindset
スタッフ
35 posts
yah shes different..
glad vid helped. have a good one!
-fianna
  • Quick Links