Render Camera Slow to update but native cam is fast?

1647   4   1
21 posts
Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this/ has a solution:

I have a basic architectural environment in a scene with some scattering and props etc. All is fine and good, it renders snappy in the viewport until I hop into a camera....any tweaks I make will take an eternity to update and I have no idea why. It's not switching render prims as far as I can tell and I have it set to half res in the viewport (this is happening with Redshift and karma)

thanks in advance!
8 posts
Post this on the Redshift forum, they'll help you out.
7741 posts
This is most likely due to cooking a complex graph after the camera. Is your camera node being edited at the top of a long change of LOP nodes? This would trigger all of these nodes to recook when modifying the camera. For best performance, use a merge at the bottom of the chain to combine your scene, your lights, and your cameras. This way editing lights and cameras stays performant even with more complex scenes.
21 posts
Thanks, yeah that's what I was thinking initially, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I killed all the camera prims with restructure scene graph node, cached out the USD with those changes, and then added fresh cameras via a merge, which still had the exact same behavior.
12 posts
I was able to fix it for me. It was the Scene Import bringing in the Materials. I had a stonewall with tons of named individual pieces. For some reason the material got recooked on all stones whenever I moved the camera. I deleted the name attribute, so it came in as one mesh and the lag was gone.
Edited by luisguggenberger - 2024年4月11日 05:57:29
  • Quick Links