Scribbling on the network editor

4715   5   1
196 posts
Just thought it would be nice…

Being able to scribble on the background image in the network editor. I'm always leaving something to be done later in an OP and then forgetting about it and wondering whats going on come render time.

Also useful if you come back to a project at a much later date and can't remember how the network works.
Henster
Staff
3455 posts
right click on a tile and choose ‘edit comment’
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
196 posts
I know, but it just makes the OP name a different colour. I want big red arrows and stuff like that.

Its probably more hassle than its worth.
Henster
7725 posts
You can also colour the tiles. Press c with your mouse in the network editor. This should bring up a colour palette in the lower-left corner. Select some nodes and click on a colour. That gives much better feedback for important nodes.
4262 posts
If you hit “Space-d” in the network editor and go to the third tab you have the option to load up a background image in the network editor.

The good news is….this will allow you to draw pics in and put them in there.
The bad news is…. zooming and panning kinda sucks. (It tiles the image and is kinda hard to line up the original network.)

jim.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
3 posts
i also found myself wishing i could draw and type text in the network editor background. it would be a nice feature. i have no idea what kind of extra space or memory it would take to do this but i doubt it would be very much
  • Quick Links