Trouble with autorig?

4648   10   3
69 posts
Is anyone having trouble with the skinning (deform_rig) in the Quadraped or biped autorig? I think I may have the solution. If you dive inside the skin node, and click on the mirror group/edit tab, then the convert tab, the convert from should be set from primitives to points, not the other way round, as it is by default. The later mirror_capture_weights uses points, not primitives, so it throws up an error.

It might be a corrupt preferences file, but I rebuilt it and it still does it wrong.
7 posts
I concur with this bug, Sidefx please help us
655 posts
True, this is really bugging me every single time.

Not only that, there are some inconsistencies on display and selectability also on the various “modules” arms, spine, etc…

Plus I miss on the interface some character key framing tools…

I will report this of course in the bug reporting.

I would suggest SESI to do some serious documentation on the character rigging side of it, it is really navigating in the dark
7 posts
Hey guys, here's what i do to get around this hurdle:

Create the rig as usual and then hit the Create/Mod/Match button, 2 nodes will be created, the anim rig and the deform rig, refresh imports and match the definitions on the anim rig - do some test animations on your proxy rig - perfect!

On the deform rig(painting weights), refresh the inputs, as usual but do not match the definitions(this will keep the digital asset open for edit); when you drill down into the skin node -> mirror_group(where the error is) change the Edit - Convert - Convert from Primitives to Points from the default, this will correct the errors and you can continue painting weight - if you want you can match the definitions(to lock the digital asset)

Thank you
70 posts
I'm struggling with this problem myself, is there any definitive documentation on how to avoid the problem in H14? I tried following the above instructions but I still have errors or only half a deformation model showing up. I'm just trying to rig a simple biped but it's taking forever. It would have been done in Maya/Max long before now.
Staff
3455 posts
after diving deep into the cave that is the auto-rig tool set…

I've fixed the mirror_group error.

look for it in the next daily build of 14.0.x
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
70 posts
Yay! I know it's probably redundant for a lot of you guys but it's greatly appreciated from the likes of me :!:
69 posts
Thanks for your help on this! Can't wait to try it out.
70 posts
Awesome, it's working now.

It's not very noob friendly though - had to follow this guide to do a lot of very un-obvious stuff; http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini14.0/character/biped [sidefx.com]

…but it works. Phew. Thanks.
617 posts
i submitted the bug time ago, they are aware of it.
19 posts
Error autorig Houdini 15… :cry:
  • Quick Links