Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
76 posts
Werner Ziemerink
harryabreu
Werner Ziemerink
Werner Ziemerink
Hi Mr Werner Ziemerink.
My name is Harry Abreu and I start Houdini few weeks ago.
I'm sorry to boring you on this tread.
I'm tried to use Houdini for modeling but probably I'm doing some thing wrong after I tried to find answer I had no luck if possible can you see my question on this other forum to give me a little help?
Thank you very much.
My question [sidefx.com]

Hi harryabreu,

I've experienced the same issue with 15.5 when it comes to slapping down edgeloops and PolySplits. These tools has been re-written from scratch and are bound to be a bit buggy.
Your video shows this problem very well and I will submit a bug if you don't mind using the video as reference.

OK let's go if you and me show the same problem we can help Sidefx to improve Houdini for a lot of people ;-)
4516 posts
Werner Ziemerink
pusat
Very impressive work

Btw I wrote a Slide Edges tool a while ago:

Do I have to create a group of my selection before I ad the Slide Edges node. It does not seem to remember my selection from an edit node selection?

I made a mistake on the animated GIF. It should read “Proportional Slide OFF, or ON”

Hey man sorry I didn't see this but if you have a group it's easier. I might have to add some stuff to allow auto populating the Group field I think.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
1265 posts
Thanks Pusat, but the current built edge slide works fine. The L hotkey makes for quick editing.
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
  • Quick Links