New Website: Post Feedback Here

56297   96   7
466 posts
Andr1
I struggle with new documentation without a search field in the main page
Me too! There are no search form fields to be found on any docs page.
Edited by ajz3d - June 19, 2016 17:54:01
4189 posts
I'd like to request more diverse spam please Packers and movers in India has lost it's appeal!
23 posts
I like the new site - feels fresh. I'm sure they'll improve it with time, but it's a good starting point.
Educator and Indie Game Developer
https://gumroad.com/adamsdigitalacademy [gumroad.com]
Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/c/Adamsvfxacademy [www.youtube.com]
Staff
4162 posts
I miss the ability to find all posts by a user from their profile page. The recent posts is nice, but having a link to search for all the posts they've made would be handy.
I'm o.d.d.
Staff
46 posts
goldleaf
I miss the ability to find all posts by a user from their profile page. The recent posts is nice, but having a link to search for all the posts they've made would be handy.
Done
74 posts
Love the new website but more than any design changes it's good to see lot's of fresh news content being updated on a regular basis. The disappointment is that the training videos which have been weaker and lacking in substance since H14 haven't seen any improvements . It's great that you're highlighting high quality community videos from the likes of Peter Quint but what ever happened to depth of curriculum you had with the Ari Danesh content. If you want new artists to start from new beginnings and not pick up on old Vop Sop and HScript bad habits, all of those videos need to be refreshed for H15.5/H16.

My other bugbear is that all the essential utility links are stuck in the footer area of the forum pages. The first action most regulars on the forum are likely to want to utilise will be:

Show recent posts
Show unanswered posts
Show your subscribed topics
Show new posts since last visit

The ‘Show Recent’ on the top right of the forum homepage is inadequate and for some reason usually gives far less results than “Show Recent Post's” in the footer.
Staff
4162 posts
pirave
goldleaf
Done

Thanks!
I'm o.d.d.
1192 posts
Is there any intention to do some changes to the profile page according to the previous feedback (Expertise menu entries, number of personal sites fields and social media links, layout of the Bio text block)?
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
4514 posts
Anyone knows how to embed vimeo videos on the forum?
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
1192 posts
Use the “Video” button on the toolbar.
Dragos Stefan
www.dragosstefan.ro
4514 posts
Thanks I tried that, the video appears blank when I submit. It's a bug then.
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

1192 posts
Test
Dragos Stefan
www.dragosstefan.ro
1192 posts
Seems to be working on this side…

BTW, it only needs the link (URL in browser address bar) of the Vimeo video, not the embed code or anything special.
Edited by digitallysane - June 25, 2016 14:18:13
Dragos Stefan
www.dragosstefan.ro
23 posts
I might be missing something, but a forum section such as - Tips, Tricks & Tutorials - would be great. This is where people in the Modo community post their tutorials, whether free or for sale.

The Unreal Engine forum also has a section called Community content, tools and tutorials.

Do they have some kind of badges system in here?
Educator and Indie Game Developer
https://gumroad.com/adamsdigitalacademy [gumroad.com]
Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/c/Adamsvfxacademy [www.youtube.com]
4514 posts
digitallysane
Seems to be working on this side…

BTW, it only needs the link (URL in browser address bar) of the Vimeo video, not the embed code or anything special.

The video you posted, is not visible on Chrome with Windows 7.

1192 posts
Interesting. I have no way to check that. Chrome on Win 10 here.
I checked and it also works on Firefox and Edge.
Dragos Stefan
www.dragosstefan.ro
Staff
2540 posts
Jonathan Moore2
The disappointment is that the training videos which have been weaker and lacking in substance since H14 haven't seen any improvements . It's great that you're highlighting high quality community videos from the likes of Peter Quint but what ever happened to depth of curriculum you had with the Ari Danesh content. If you want new artists to start from new beginnings and not pick up on old Vop Sop and HScript bad habits, all of those videos need to be refreshed for H15.5/H16..

It's a big thing for us to teach proper ways, to think procedural and to kill old practices with modern ways that offer many more benefits.

Two things have conspired against any recent lessons from Ari and myself.

First off Ari has gotten so proficient and professional (two things I ain't) at procedural workflows and tool creation that he is now working along with R&D on a brand new set of tools for H16 along the lines of his last series of lectures among other things.

Secondly, I've been getting out since late last summer to today travelling a LOT getting to meet many new and existing customers in new areas and had a great time! Settling down for the next few months so I can get back to these things.

I have the VEX VOP webinar coming up soon and I do have to apologize for the postpone from this Tuesday to a later date. I literally got off the plane back from the Netherlands last night and am taking a day or two to simply catch up with all things else.

I will be working on the VEX Webinar this coming week and I promise it will be a raw, ready and informative view of using VEX and VOPs for both new and existing artists using modern workflows. I love to go from beginning to end, simple to involved for each example and explain all on the way. No pre-created scene files and no marching display flags down chains. It's boring to me and I bet to you as well. Nothing to hide as well. Best of all you can ask questions and I will try to get to all of them. Like the last webinar, I run through all the content in the 1h and then whom ever wishes to stay, will continue on answering specific questions as long as you all want to go. Will be recorded as the last one was and we believe we have improved the audio recording.

I can't wait to start working with Ari again in the near future. He asks interesting questions as we hack out ideas. Also get these Webinars going along with Chris Hebert and Fianna Wong. Hoping to bring in a lot of R&D along with friends in the industry for future broadcasts.
There's at least one school like the old school!
80 posts
This may not have anything to do with the new site but Google searches are returning topics that look like this:

Camera Pr… | Forums | SideFX - Houdini
depth-map… | Forums | SideFX - Houdini

which makes finding information very inefficient since you have to open each result to see what the actually topic is. We need to see the entire title not just the beginning of it.
80 posts
Probably been said before but I don't see a link to my profile, or that I am even logged in, when browsing the forum||site.
1192 posts
As seen on pretty much any other forum software out there, a feature for blocking users would be nice (that is, the posts of a user that I blocked are not shown when a thread is displayed).
Dragos Stefan
www.dragosstefan.ro
  • Quick Links