WYSIWYG with MPlay Render exports - *.avi *.mov

1619   2   0
2048 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if someone might be able to suggest a workflow so that in the final exported file format of choice I get the same visual results of what I worked on seeing in Render View/Mplay.

I rendered and saved a sequence of images in MPlay in which I was happy with lighting and motion, but once I load those sequence of images then export to any of the .avi 32, .avi 64, or number of options with .mov formats; I lose desired components of the image in the final exported format.

I tried making adjustments with brightness, gamma, contrast etc. in Mplay with the sequenced images before exporting, but this doesn't seem to give any results. I'm guessing that means I would have to do those corrections prior to making the image sequence renders.

But if that's so, it seems to me that this process could be very time intensive as I would be guessing what to adjust prior to rendering to ultimately get the final exported file format as desired, ie. I would have to do many iterations of render, check, adjust, render again, etc.

In the attached file, the image on the left is what I see with MPlay/render view…the image on the right is what I got with export to *.avi win 32 format.

In the exported *avi format the middle section of the fainter smoke can't be seen, or at least very difficult.

Yet with the MPlay I get exactly what I wanted at that point in the animation. Lighter smoke yet still visible.

So I am thinking that in my final animation ( which looks just right in MPlay/Render view ), how many possible points in my final exported file am I going to have to attempt to make to “correct” for a final desired product.

It seems possible that I may “correct” for one part, but inadvertantly create another new “problem” elsewhere.

I'm wondering am I missing something or could this be a “…Welcome to the Club…” scenario?

Thoughts on this process is appreciated - Thanks.

Attachments:
MPlay Render and AVI w32 Export.jpg (262.0 KB)

Staff
3456 posts
it's Gamma
if you look at the bottom right of the toolbar in the Mplay window you'll see an icon with the value of 2.2.
when you make a video file from Mplay: File > Export you should get a dialog that will allow you to set a Gamma value in the Pre-Encode Options.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2048 posts
Thank you very much for this arctor.

It works
  • Quick Links