Pipeline

3468   4   2
14 posts
Hello everyone,

Sorry if it sounds dumb but I am trying to learn python to be able to help a small studio to setup pipeline for Houdini. Does anyone know any good tutorials regarding this? I know VEX enough to do my shots but I don't really have a scripting background. That being said I need the tutorial to start for beginners and ease into more complicated aspects of pipeline.
I will try to do that at home first. Any suggestions?
2536 posts
Here is a link to a python video [youtube.com]. It is for Houdini 13 but I think it is still valid.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
14 posts
Hey Enivob,

I checked the video. It's pretty good but not about pipeline. I need to know how to create a pipeline for Houdini.
Staff
3455 posts
you'll likely not find much that is Houdini specific, but searching for “VFX/animation pipelines and python” in general should get you something to start with.
like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/user/vfxpipeline/videos [youtube.com]
Edited by goldfarb - Jan. 30, 2017 02:31:22
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
806 posts
Moin,

“pipeline” in projects can mean quite a lot, it might help if you could specify a bit what part of pipeline work you are responsible for or what problems you expect to be facing. While knowing some Python is always a good idea, since this desease has spread so far in the 3d/VFX world that you would get infected by using almost any software relevant to “pipelining”, there may be quite a bit more to managing issues than knowing a single programming language.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links