one character reflects another

1876   2   1
194 posts
ok, so i'm trying to think about a problem i have. I want one character to reflect another one in a distorted reflective object. like, basically, i want a character to walk up to a crystal or a portal, and i want an exact reflection of a different character (who will have a more-or less identical topology, but be wearing different clothes, have different hair, etc)

I really want to have this happening in a game engine (probably unreal), but i want to pre-viz in houdini…

Does anyone have a good idea? a nudge in the right direction? because I am not really sure how to do this trick at all…

thanks!
Staff
3455 posts
is your question related to the rendering of this distortion or to the animation of the characters?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
402 posts
Hi there,

are you building your rig in houdini? If so, you could always capture your different characters to the same rig and then mirror the geometry at SOP level after it's been deformed. This could be a nice way of avoiding having two rigs with channel references that may or may not mirror properly. Are you hoping to export the characters for real time use?
Henry Dean
  • Quick Links