Animation/Rigging problems ( Sample Rate Issue )

2300   4   2
5 posts
Hello,

A few days ago, I began rigging a character for a game but when i began animating it, I noticed that my rig was not affected by his controlers each 4-6 frames and before the frame 1 , it was like as if the rig was frozen for one frame.
I don't know why it did that : the bones does not have keys on the frozen keyframes and my controlers move normally on the frozen keyframes . I thought it was a display problems but when i export it in .fbx , the frozen keyframes was still there.

I share the files who contains the problems and also the one who contains only the rig wihtout animation.

(Sorry for my awful English and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this.)

PS : I'm used to rigging with Autodesk Maya and I only begin to rig on Houdini 4 weeks ago, so when I make the rig , I try to ‘'adapt’' the way that I work on Maya to Houdini but I'm certain that it is not the best/efficient way.
Edited by brunoddsm - March 20, 2017 12:45:30

Attachments:
Goblin_Rig_Animation.zip (1.7 MB)

806 posts
Moin, Bruno(?),

I think you are having a sample frequency issue there. Your animation is set to 30 FPS, while inside the rig you use 24fps for the sampling. You should have both set to the same value.
Either set your animation FPS to 24 (bottom right of screen, global animation settings) or set all channel sampling values to 30.

I hope this helps!

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
5 posts
Indeed , the problem comes from the channel sampling of my constraints.

Thank you very much for helping me !

PS : The other solution is also true but I need to set my animations to 30 FPS for the game .
Edited by brunoddsm - March 20, 2017 11:04:54
Staff
3455 posts
hi
looks like there is a bug (logged as #81587) in our constraints tools - you changed your FPS to 30, but the constraints are still being created with a sample rate of 24.
to fix your file - for every object that has a constraint, dive inside and select all the CHOP nodes, then go to the Channel Tab and set Sample Rate to 30.

thanks.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
Staff
476 posts
Please try with today,s build. More details in this post.
https://sidefx.com/forum/topic/48876/?page=1#post-220957 [sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links