RENDERING - MOIRE PATTERN - Texture Atlas problem

3049   4   0
3 posts
Hi Everyone!

I'm rendering out a Texture Atlas for a smoke texture I made with Houdini Indie (16.5.268)

Everything seems to be fine, except I get this Moire pattern with the Render.

Everything looks fine in Houdini, and I've tried messing with the settings, but I can't seem to get rid of this annoying pattern. Any thoughts to why this happening, and how I can clean it up?

Things I have tried…

-Changing the Output Gamma.
-Rendering out only with the Mosaic (No Pre-Mult).
-Rendering out only the base EXR image (No mosaic or Pre-Mult).
-Changing file formats (JPG, TGA).
-Resolution
-Changed the File Raster Depth to all 3 options (Natural Depth, Project Depth, Specific Depth).
-Changed Image Color Space to both options (Linear, sRGB)

Edited by Shurkuris - Nov. 13, 2017 13:17:54
3 posts
*bump*

Hey everyone, still looking for some help with my problem.

I'm linking my project below if you are able to take time out of your schedule to help!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GFLPsNe0Mhxaarm12qrMfLsQwVWyi5gW [drive.google.com]

All you need to do is…

(1) In the Node Editor > img > Problem_Child > Render_this

Render out the image, and you will see vertical lines rendered out.

If you go into the Composite View with the “SmolePillar_Looping_SmokePillar__v001_F4_exr1”, you will not see the vertical lines.

Any ideas to why this happening and what I can do to fix this?
10 posts
I'm having the same problem. I read somewhere it was a new bug introduced and try downloading a new build. I suppose that means downloading a daily build instead of a production build. If there is any info out there on this vertical lines problem, please post. Thanks!
7801 posts
https://www.sidefx.com/download/daily-builds/ [www.sidefx.com]
Staff
429 posts
This appears to have been a bug. The upcoming daily build will fix it.

Please be aware that since 16.5.314, the default PNG Premultiplication setting on ROP File Output is “unpremultiplied”. I recommend setting it to default (if you're using PNG) or simply make a new ROP File Output node. Please check the version log for more info.
  • Quick Links