The Wild Kicks Major Booty. Go See It

6758   8   2
405 posts
Hey All,

You guys totally nailed it. I was about to jump out of my seat at the incredible character animation and effects. This is a great production for Houdini and I saw character animation that I swear I have not seen out of any other studio even pixar which is very good animation. I would say you guys are neck and neck but you have a very different style made possible by the procedural nature of Houdini. The plot was awesome also and so were the lines. This movie blows Ice Age 2 right out of the water. Very Very exciting time with Houdini and Character Animation. smile.gif wink.gif Kudos and good luck with your next character production with Houdini. You landed a slam dunk in my book.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
166 posts
Yes but no, but yes but no!…. I spent almost one year of my life on helping producing The Wild.. and I cant hide my “Tristesse” to see its poor performance at the box office. :cry:
For studios movies must = $$$$ = success, I dont know if they will consider The Wild as a success! Hopefully the industry will recognize the power of Houdini.
Time to get out of this messy world.
509 posts
finaly i read something from who worked in it … anything you can talk about?… what has been truly done with houdini (i knew a lot.. is it true?)…

cheers.
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
1390 posts
havn't you read that yet!?:

http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=2852 [mag.awn.com]

Everything you would like to know about “Houdini in The Wild” but you were afraid of asking.
Staff
3455 posts
other than rendering, compositing and most of the modeling - everything else was done in Houdini….layout, animation, prop rigging, character rigging, crowds, FX, finaling, lighting, all the pipline stuff etc…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
234 posts
good article.
it seems that we have better thing than xsi's GATOR in houdini
166 posts
Some compositing was unofficially made with Houdini too!.
Time to get out of this messy world.
Staff
3455 posts
yeah, but it was hard to tell….it's so dark down here…. :roll:
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
108 posts
It looks very well made! Also, great article; I'm just done reading it, the emphasis on the use of Houdini was perhaps most interesting of all!

This will be, without doubt, an amazing showcase - to both the general public and CG artists, from animator to TD - of Houdini's capabilities and potential. From now on I can refer to/mention this whenever somebody approaches me about what and where Houdini was ‘used for’! :wink:
  • Quick Links