Move from current Level to Parent Level

2784   5   1
8 posts
Hi,

Any help with this topic is much appreciated. I am a newbie to Houdini and Python.

I want to add a button from my asset to move from the current level to the top level (single jump).

As seen in the topic, https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/18863/ [www.sidefx.com]

I have used this file and I want to add a button after the user has finished painting to go back to the top level, like said in this https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/22663/, [www.sidefx.com] but adding the script kwargs.parent().setCurrent(True, True) gives me an error.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
enter_editable_node_state.hipnc (76.0 KB)

8575 posts
1. set your scripting language for callback script to Python
2. you need to specify ‘node’ key to get the node from kwargs dict
kwargs['node'].parent().setCurrent(True, True)
Edited by tamte - July 27, 2018 14:51:53
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
8 posts
Hi tamte,

There seems to be some issue with this function. Here is a scene with a simple box and a paint. I have added the same Function but it does not move up a level.

Thank you,

Nikitha

Attachments:
Problem04_Jump_Level.hipnc (69.4 KB)

2042 posts
It does ‘work’, if you split your network window into two so you can see the geo1 node and then select your paint1 node then press your button, you will see the focus shift over to your geo1 node.

What your wanting is for the view to change as well, but it's not working for you because you have your window pane pinned.

Unpin it and it will do what you want.
8 posts
Hi BabaJ,

Thank you for your immediate response, I am a novice Houdini User so I am not able to get the desired effect.

Although I do understand the concept theoretically, I am unable to get the effect. Here is a scene I have taken from another post which has an hda to Paint and then go up a level once done painting. I have tried to unpin the window and although it does move up a level, I am unable to see in this in the viewer.

I would appreciate if you could help me out.

Thanks,
Nikitha Ann
Edited by Nikitha_Ann_George - Sept. 3, 2018 06:27:45

Attachments:
Problem04_Jump_Level_2.hipnc (84.6 KB)

2042 posts
In your example you've made a digital asset with the paint node. But with digital assets they only make references to the parameters that you ‘promote’ - the callback scripts don't get transferred.

You have to put in the callback script at the asset level and save.
  • Quick Links