animation curve infinities

9664   7   2
176 posts
I cannot find how to make animation curve be continued to infinity using tangent at the end as a direction vector?
I expect something like pre/post infinity linear feature on maya's animation curves. Is it exisits?
4262 posts
You could add a keyframe to the very end of your animation plus a couple of extra frames and then set the function curve type from cubic() or linear() to matchin().
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
Staff
3456 posts
I think there was an RFE about this….giving the last key the abilty to have this behavior
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
4262 posts
arctor
I think there was an RFE about this….giving the last key the abilty to have this behavior

Imagine if we had meta-keys that for the frame number you could put an expression in. Like in this case the frame would be = $FEND+1 and the channel segments function would be matchin().

:wink:
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
176 posts
Wolfwood
arctor

Imagine if we had meta-keys that for the frame number you could put an expression in. Like in this case the frame would be = $FEND+1 and the channel segments function would be matchin().

:wink:
For animator, it would be too complex, i think. And not convenient also, especially if you want to grow your animation in direction of infinity, using your method there would be extra keys. Of course it would be better to have this “built-in”.
Staff
3456 posts
I think the RFE had something like:
a pref for ‘last key’ behavior - default is like it is now (hold?) but all the other options normally associated with a segment would be available…
so an animator or shop can just set it and forget it…like that ron popeil crap
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
Staff
2540 posts
CHOPs has start and end conditions for each channel now. That's what the brackets in the channel info are. (h,h) means hold before start and hold after.

You are asking for the same thing for a plain channel.

Look at CHOPs and see if there are all the options you would expect for plain channels.
There's at least one school like the old school!
176 posts
jeff
You are asking for the same thing for a plain channel.
exactly.
jeff
Look at CHOPs and see if there are all the options you would expect for plain channels.
Yes, there is that option, called “slope”, but it isn't comfortable to ask powerful CHOP to do such a simple thing. And to care yourself about start/end syncronisation of a CHOP with the start/end of animation curve…
  • Quick Links