Rendering Side View

5967   8   2
9 posts
Hi guys, I've been trying to render out the side view in production quality but I've noticed that you can only select and render out certain cameras in the scene in the ROP section.

How can I render out any orthographic viewport, or match a camera exactly to an orthographic view for final output?
4140 posts
Look in your camera, View tab, set Projection to Orthographic. Because it's an ortho project, the position in z is irrelevant, you use the Ortho Width to encompass what you want.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
9 posts
Thanks J.C. I actually experimented with this before. It does render out a flat, orthographic representation but I'd like to make, for example, cam1 match the view that the right1 viewport has.

Is there any way of doing this, like a ‘match viewport view’ function for cameras?
4262 posts
The view memory controls at the bottom of the viewport will allow you to do this.

Go to your top view that you like. Click M then a number. The switch to your camera. Lock your camera to view, then hit the memory view number.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
Staff
1072 posts
Alternatively, click on the plus button to the left of the camera menu to bring up a dialog where you can set your target camera and click on the large “Save View to Camera” button.
4262 posts
Ondrej
Alternatively, click on the plus button to the left of the camera menu to bring up a dialog where you can set your target camera and click on the large “Save View to Camera” button.

Wooooo. Didn't know about that. Infact I don't think I ever noticed there was a plus button there.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
141 posts
I know that plus button is in plain sight yet I never knew it was there!
/Rick
311 posts
yeah it's great for animating your camera.
Just tumble around until you got the vie you want, and then, bang! save to camera. Been there ever since i remeber. one of those really simple but effective Houdini tools.
9 posts
Ondrej…nice, very nice! As jesta says…one of those simple but effective tools of Houdini. It has definitely solved a big problem for me!

Merci beaucoup!
  • Quick Links