Multi-geometry scene as a single file.

1657   3   1
5 posts
I am using a Kitbash 3d file. I had searched on the forums prior, and did find this [www.sidefx.com] in reference to Kitbash. Unfortunately, the author's script doesn't work in the new kits, and has to be adjusted for each kit used. While I am fairly new to Houdini, I think what I am trying to achieve is to break down the scene file assets into separate HDA/TOPS for use in a PDG and sending it to Unreal. The file has several example buildings but is designed to mix and match at the designers discretion. Also, I am getting some random points in the scene. Could these just be modeling artifacts? These are impmorted as FBX. I can also import as OBJ, but I've read the they don't play when in Houdini.

Attachments:
randomPoints..png (786.1 KB)
Assets_CPStreets_overview.png (876.1 KB)
AngledViewCP_Street.png (1.4 MB)

5 posts
So, No suggestions then?
Staff
3455 posts
I think you'll have to make do with adjusting that script for each of the kits, as there is currently no native Houdini version of them, perhaps you can contact them and request a Houdini friendly version?

as for the stray points - these are very likely modelling artefacts that you can ignore/delete
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
5 posts
Bummer, Okay thank you.
  • Quick Links