RFE: locking netboxes

5282   5   1
Staff
3455 posts
I'd like to be able to lock a netbox…
it's size and position in the network…..

I find when I'm clicking and draging around like a fool I sometimes move or resize the boxes…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
311 posts
yeah, good idea.
And while we're on netbox RFE's how about having a parameters pane where we can store comments and maybe promote attributes.

And also it would be nice if copy/pasting didn't drop stuff outside it, and then you have to drag it out and dump it back in again.

And one last one. how about being able to wire a netbox to something else without having to open it up. matbe that exists already. never tried it to be honest.
387 posts
and see the network box in the pane overview (press “o” in the network pane)
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
483 posts
Some of these are good ideas, and I'll file them. I can't see ever putting in parameters and other craziness in network boxes, though. And wiring into a network box doesn't really make sense – what if you had many different nodes, some of which take one input, some of which take another?

The overview problem is already known.
311 posts
i meant wiring out, where for a quick and dirty it would just assume you want the last connected node leading out the netbox.
2199 posts
Which is the last connect node if you have more than one chain of nodes inside you network box?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links