How to load multiple files at once in SOP

9822   10   2
289 posts
Hi Everybody,

Is there a way to load a several *.obj files in one go, without having to load each file in seperatly?

In fact it would be very handy if you could load all the *.obj's from one directory, so I can easily create a blendSOP for them.

I want to use it to load a series of expressions for a character I want to rig in houdini.

A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
4262 posts
In the SOP Network hit the ` or = key. It will open up a file browser where you can multi-select files. Once you've selected them all hit accept and you'll get a File SOP for each file.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
Staff
3455 posts
but once you do that please read
help sopcreateedit (in a textport)
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
289 posts
Thanks for the tips!!

Is there a possiblilty to do all edit conversions automatically?
Like the script searches all file nodes within the given SOP and converts them to edit nodes?
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
7721 posts
FWIW, there was a discussion here:
http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=101974 [3dbuzz.com]
289 posts
Is there a method to have de channelnames of the BlendSOP automatically name to its Blendtargets?

Cheers
109 posts
Hey Kim,

Greetings from me and Frank Verheyen here in Gent.

Trying to answer your question:

I don't think there is a ‘push this button’ way of doing this. Adding parameters dynamically to digital assets is not possible I think.

However, you could look at the chalias command. It simply makes an alias of a channel and displays as its alias name in the channel editor. You could write a small script that reads all input operator names of a blendshape SOP and automatically generates the aliases. The parameters on the sop itself keep their original name, but if you hover over them, you can see the alias name.

I'm getting the feeling as I write this that setting up a simple digital asset with a fixed number of channels (non-dynamic) and named however you want, is going to take you no time and offer you all you need to work comfortably.

D.
7721 posts
kgoossens
Is there a method to have de channelnames of the BlendSOP automatically name to its Blendtargets?

As Dris mentioned, you can set an alias. Right-click on the parameter and choose Edit Channel Alias. While in the Morph tool, the channel alias will be done automatically if you rename the Edit SOP.
109 posts
Oh yes, and I just found that in the channel editor you can switch between the channels original name and the alias by hitting “l” in the channel list (show labels). So there you go Kim!
289 posts
Hi Dries

Cheers man. But hscripting is by far my weakest point at the moment. You could really help me with this one.

Greets to Frank!!

But personally I think it is a bit of a design flaw. The default blendnames don't give any clue at all. Especially if you are working with a large ammount of morph targets. I think it would be a good improvement if the blendSOP would take the names of the incoming SOP's automatically.

Hi Edward,
Thanks! Indeed the morphtool does the naming automatically, as you would expect it to behave. But I have imported the morphtargets from Modo because it is faster to create the morphs in there. So it won't help me here I'm afraid.

Generally I really hope that Houdini gets a better, more acessible manual. For example; the “sopcreateedit” command is very usefull to create fast blendSOP's. But I only know this because the people working with Houdini give great support.
The manual does not give enough interconnecting links to operators, expressions and scriptfunctions that are really usefull IMO.

But again, thanks a lot for all the help!!
109 posts
kgoossens
But personally I think it is a bit of a design flaw.

Well, sidefx just redesiged it for you Kim!

If you look here, you can see they added exactly the functionality you were after:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&journal=Beta [sidefx.com]

Look for the note added Wednesday, November 15, 2006 (the exact day you last posted. How is that for a service?
  • Quick Links