Problem with Animation Editor & Bezier Handles

2188   3   1
6 posts
I created a sphere with 5 position keyframes (on the sphere, not the geo node.)
When I go into the Animation Editor, I noticed that I only see 2-sided Bezier handles for the first keyframe, and 1-sided handles for the 2nd and last keyframes. All intermediate keyframes have no handles at all.

However, if I change all curve segments to “cubic”, then each keyframe has a 2-sided handle.

I did notice that if I add keyframes from within the Animation Editor, rather than using the “K” shortcut in the Scene View, then 2-sided Bezier handles will start to appear, but never for the final segment.

Is this a known bug? Or am I missing something obvious?

NOTE: In the preferences, I did set the “Auto Function” to “bezier()” for the “Animation” preferences. Still no luck.

Help!!
~Michael
Edited by socratica - April 14, 2020 20:14:04

Attachments:
bezier.png (27.8 KB)
cubic.png (31.3 KB)

8592 posts
each segment has interpolation function you can change, it jus seems that your 2,3,4 segments are not bezier()

defaults in preferences are for creating new channels, if there is already a channel present, new keyframes will obey the segment function of the segment they are added to

so in your case just select those 2 keys and change function to bezier()
Edited by tamte - April 14, 2020 21:21:32
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
6 posts
Thank you for your reply, but I did check and all segments are bezier().

I also tried changing the segments to cubic() and then back to bezier(). When cubic(), the handles (minus the acceleration handles) appear everywhere, but the moment I switch back to bezier() the handles disappear again.
7802 posts
mlh496
Thank you for your reply, but I did check and all segments are bezier().

I also tried changing the segments to cubic() and then back to bezier(). When cubic(), the handles (minus the acceleration handles) appear everywhere, but the moment I switch back to bezier() the handles disappear again.

Looks like the curve is a bezier, I don't think it's possible to make one that follows that kind of path that isn't. Maybe you've encountered a rendering bug.

Maybe send a mail to support and see what the say.
  • Quick Links