Paint SOP's in HDA's

8859   10   1
2624 posts
Of course they don't work as expected. What's the work flow for building an asset where the user needs to paint an area with a value to get an attribute.

ps .

Ggetting errors where my entire parameter interface disappears ! when trying to edit an otl ….

Rob
Gone fishing
4256 posts
Are you marking that Paint SOP as an Editable Node in the Type Properties?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
2624 posts
how / where do I check that ?

regards Rob
Gone fishing
Staff
181 posts
Edit Operator Type Properties window, under the Basic Tab…
2624 posts
silvina I have tried this.The paint SOP will still not activate at the HDA SOP level.

Rob
Gone fishing
Staff
2540 posts
You have to dive in to the HDA select the paint node and then paint. Take a look at both the fur tools and the paint temperature and fuel shelf tools for ideas.
There's at least one school like the old school!
Staff
3455 posts
hey Jeff…
this would be a good topic for an old school blog
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
2624 posts
Hi Jeff ,
So we are unable to have access to the paint tool at the top level of the HDA . So with that in mind I set the paint SOP to be editable in the HDA interface. Seems to work

Rob
Gone fishing
12 posts
Sorry to resume a topic this old, but I'm in need of that
I made a Digital Asset (h10 fyi if that's relevant) which has a Paint SOP at some point. And i need, with a switch, to activate/deactivate the painting operation at the DA level. So, say, i click on the digital asset, there is a slider with “Paint on off”. When set to 1 I'd like to be able to paint on my mesh without going into the DA and click on the paint.
So i made the Paint node editable in the type properties, and added its parameters to the DA interface. But it doesn't work. Since i added the params to the HDA interface, it doesn't work if i use it from inside the DA obviously, since it's referencing the upper parameters.
I'd really like to be able to paint without needing to go inside the digital asset.

Any thought?
Thanks
1904 posts
Check out this thread:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=18863& [sidefx.com]
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
4 posts
For those still struggling, check this attribute paint masterclass at 54:00 https://youtu.be/gAT8ueaKAvs?t=3243 [youtu.be]
  • Quick Links