Controllers not getting Visible in KineFX

2268   12   1
30 posts
Hi all,

I've started KineFX & created a simple joints and control. After creating the attachcontrolgeo , couldn't able to get the group name from the rename node which i've created on top of that.
Image Not Found

So I've manually typed the group name but control too not visible. Tried in many files but don't know where I'm doing wrong. I'm using Houdini 18.5.408 and I've attached the hip file too. Someone please give me a solution for the problem I'm facing.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Snap01.jpg (147.2 KB)
FkCtrlTest.hip (103.8 KB)

134 posts
hey, you need a primitive name attrib on the control geo for it to show up in the group field
30 posts
willh
hey, you need a primitive name attrib on the control geo for it to show up in the group field

Hi Willh,

Thanks for your valuable feed back. But later ive changed the "grouprename" to "rename" node.
30 posts
Hi all'

I've imported the fbx animation

As per Henry Dean's tutorial on KineFx around the duration 31:00,

Your text to link here... [www.youtube.com]

I've promoted the transformations from the "computerigpose" to my HDA,

but the control geometry is not visible which can see in that tutorial

Hope some one please help me to solve this for further,

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.jpg (209.1 KB)
Screenshot_3.jpg (198.7 KB)
Screenshot_2.jpg (86.7 KB)
Screenshot_4.jpg (153.8 KB)

134 posts
Hey, you might be missing the default rigpose state entry. On your HDA in the Node tab you will find the default state field, add kinefx__rigpose into that field. This should do the trick

Attachments:
kinefx__rigpose.png (106.6 KB)

30 posts
willh
Hey, you might be missing the default rigpose state entry. On your HDA in the Node tab you will find the default state field, add kinefx__rigpose into that field. This should do the trick

Hi Willh, again you....... Thanks for coming back. Surely will check and let u know. Meanwhile I've updated the asset and need to be solved with some issues in my next post. Once again thanks.
30 posts
Hi all, after my previous post I've continued & updated the Spine till the tip of the head but still there is a Flip.
Though I've fixed my curve lookAt axis according to the joints orientation, still couldn't fix it. Regarding this attached the hip file as "FlipIssue"

Then I've reOrientated the joints
and updated the headLookAt. If I promote the parameter of OffsetTransform
I couldnt able to edit it at the outside

and have attached the hip file as "HeadLookAt"
Image Not Found

Overall its same, facing the issue of visibility of controllers geometry which I've mentioned on top posts but need to check Mr.Willh's reply in the previous post.

Still hopes some will help me to solve this.
Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Screenshot_5.jpg (268.3 KB)
Screenshot_6.jpg (241.3 KB)
Screenshot_7.jpg (262.7 KB)
Screenshot_8.jpg (103.2 KB)
HipFiles.zip (3.6 MB)

30 posts
pksfx
willh

Hi Willh, again you....... Thanks for coming back. Surely will check and let u know. Meanwhile I've updated the asset and need to be solved with some issues in my next post. Once again thanks.

Hi Willh,

As per your input it has worked well in that HDA but there are points too getting visible along with the geometry controllers.

But in my previous hip files which I've posted, created the HDA with my new spine setup with head's tip but couldn't able to promote the transformations again for computePose...... Don't know why???? Meanwhile the HeadLookAt too not working....

Kindly please help me to solve this, Thanks in Advance.
Edited by pksfx - Oct. 13, 2021 02:09:30

Attachments:
Screenshot_9.jpg (212.7 KB)

134 posts
Hi. As for the points beeing visible I did post a RFE for the user to be able to disable the point visualization a while ago. Unfortunately nothing we can do about that, its part of the python state. Its better to use a rig pose and then just promote the parameters to the HDA, you can then name the parameters and put them in tabs like you would on a normal rig. have a look at this turorial its pretty good. Your text to link here... [www.sidefx.com]
30 posts
willh
Hi. As for the points beeing visible I did post a RFE for the user to be able to disable the point visualization a while ago. Unfortunately nothing we can do about that, its part of the python state. Its better to use a rig pose and then just promote the parameters to the HDA, you can then name the parameters and put them in tabs like you would on a normal rig. have a look at this turorial its pretty good. Your text to link here... [www.sidefx.com]

Hi Willh,

Thanks for the response. Even I thought to do the promoting it like in normal rig. But can u able to get me the solution for the spline flip and HeadLookAt which I've posted on Oct 12th.??
Edited by pksfx - Oct. 15, 2021 03:03:41
30 posts
Hi all,

I've created the HDA and promoted the transformations of Spines, Ik's and remaining FK's. Once I connect to my fbx, and select my HDA, getting errors as like these.

If I remove the computerigpose nodes,
and directly promote the controllers to the HDA, as like doing normal rigs, but still the error occurs.
Then if I do with other orientations for other characters, the offset/flips issues still exists as well as for the headLookAt too which I've mentioned in my previuos posts. So in this HDA disconnected the headLookAt because of those flips.

Since I'm a Maya user and not aware of these HDA and its Viewer state's issues which I've googled, couldn't get the answer.
Kindly someone help me to solve this. Thanks in advance

Attachments:
Screenshot_10.jpg (197.7 KB)
Screenshot_11.jpg (141.5 KB)
Files.zip (1.5 MB)

30 posts
Hi all,

Still I didn't get the solutions for those issues. Moreover found one more issue on controller geometries. After creating the HDA, in the viewport can see extra controllers are getting visible but not before creating the HDA.

Still hopes that someone help me to solve these,

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Screenshot_13.jpg (132.8 KB)

7722 posts
Houdini 19 might have a fix for this. If I understand correctly, it might be solved by what the post by wolskikrzys mentions: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/76528/?page=1#post-350826 [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by edward - Nov. 7, 2021 22:18:23
  • Quick Links