"Delete File Outputs From Disk" deletes more than output

1547   5   1
16 posts
I have a tiny comp that reads a .png file via a File node and writes it out via a ROP File Output node. I have a TOP network consisting of a ROP Fetch node driven by the file output node. The comp renders just fine when I cook the TOP network.

However, when I do "Delete File Outputs From Disk" on the Fetch node, the input .png file gets deleted (as well as the node's output.)

I'm a noob, and I hope and trust that I'm doing something stupid. Does this situation sound familiar?

Thanks in advance.

Some screen shots:
Edited by gladstein - Nov. 13, 2021 01:42:24

Attachments:
Untitled-1.png (226.5 KB)
Untitled-2.png (231.6 KB)
Untitled-3.png (222.3 KB)

8583 posts
I'm not sure what exactly is the logic behind gathering output paths by ROP Fetch TOP
however it's a good habit to doublecheck what output paths workitems hold before deleting outputs

if you MMB on the individual workitems you will see that it has an array of 2 output paths and also 2 output parm values, copoutput and filename
so it seems that it traversed the graph referenced in ROP Fetch TOP and gathered all known outputs from all possible nodes
I'm not sure when that would be desirable

but since in your case it is 2 different output parm values you can filter it by checking Output Parm Name and setting it to copoutput so that it will only consider that parm from your rop as an output path once you regenerate or recook again
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
1743 posts
Heh, I just ran into this bug too. It seems the tops rop fetch node doesn't understand cops, and somehow runs back up the cops graph and marks every file input as an output.

Annoying.
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
16 posts
Thanks so much! Everything is clear now. I made a couple of TOP networks to delete exactly the files I want. Kind of like we used to do in UNIX make files.
Staff
586 posts
That bug is also fixed in the next daily builds -- your original file will work as intended, without accidentally including the File COP as an output.
16 posts
I meant to say, I had made a couple of TOP nodes... restricting the output list to the copoutputs makes it behave exactly as I want.
  • Quick Links