Error when trying to render using Karma within Solaris

2300   4   2
15 posts
Hello to all the amazing side fx community,

I faced this issue whenever I try to render to disk or render to Mplay using Karma in Solaris.
Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?

I'm using Houdini 19.0.383
I've also attached some previews of the issue in hope of this will help find a solution.

Attachments:
errorPreview.JPG (103.0 KB)
errorPreview_02.JPG (26.0 KB)

273 posts
Sounds similar to this thread https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/81674/ [www.sidefx.com]
7770 posts
antc
Sounds similar to this thread https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/81674/ [www.sidefx.com]

Yeah, I think Rob (sidefx) said it should be fixed in 19.0.449+
Staff
451 posts
Yes, if you can reproduce the issue in 19.0.449+, please let me know!

If you can't upgrade right now, do a sweep of the geometry nodes you're importing and make sure none of the final SOPs in those networks are called "render" (which is unfortunately the default name for at least one of our fluid setup tools). Just rename those SOPs to "_render" or "final" or "output" or "something_other_than_render" and hopefully everything will work again.

In 19.0.449 we made two changes to improve the robustness of the USD Render ROP LOP:

1 - the main stage now gets first dibs at requesting a filename (previously the references often/always got to go first - which is why "render.usd" could end up being hijacked)

2 - we generate a less-likely-to-conflict "__render__.usd" (instead of "render.usd") for the main stage.
15 posts
Hello Robp,

Thank you for getting back to me. Ur suggestion actually works!!
Thank you sooo much for the solution & sharing!!

Cant believe just a single render word causes it to fail and not render.

I'm still using 19.0.383 atm. But if this issue pops up when I use a newer version I will update you.

Very much appreciated & cheers!
  • Quick Links