Use wildcards to merge (fetch) multiple LOP paths

1272   4   2
146 posts
Please, is there a way to use wildcards to Fetch (merge) multiple LOP paths?

Lets say I have these Nulls:

• /stage/asset_0
  • /stage/asset_1
  • /stage/asset_15

What is the right way to Merge all of those nulls, but without wiring them manually into the Merge LOP?

/stage/asset_*
Staff
4438 posts
There is no other way. The Merge LOP is how this is done. The Fetch LOP can grab the LOP contents from another node, but only one node. However if your concern is simply network "cleanliness" in that you don't want long wires traversing all over your network, or you want to access LOP nodes in a different (sub)network, you can just put down a bunch of Fetch LOPs and feed them all into a Merge.
146 posts
Thank you very much for clarification! I believe this lack of wildcards in Fetch LOP is on purpose.

I will continue to study here:
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/solaris/pattern.html [www.sidefx.com]
Staff
4164 posts
@ikoon that link is for primitive pattern paths, which is not applicable to the Fetch LOP. The Fetch LOP can only target a single other LOP node at a time, as @mtucker indicated.
I'm o.d.d.
146 posts
Thank you! I am sorry I was unclear. I wanted to say that I have to find another way to organize and filter my (quite simple, freelancer's) scenes. I still have some idea of "folders" or "tags". Those primitive patterns should help. USD feels like learning Houdini once again but I like it, thank you for the great work on Solaris!
  • Quick Links