Iron Heart Winners

13761   49   3
Staff
1182 posts
Congratulations to everyone for getting to the end of Mardini 2023. If you have completed entries for all 31 challenges please submit them by filling out the following contact sheet template and submitting a png file to this Iron Heart forum by April 4, 2023 at Midnight EDT to win an Iron Heart prize.

Note that these entries did not need to meet the daily deadlines, only the April 4 deadline. But all entries should be in their respective forum so we can see the full artwork/animation.

Download the Contact Sheet Template [media.sidefx.com]

Edited by rmagee - April 1, 2023 00:10:09
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
123 posts
Everything Everywhere All At Once, in a single spreadsheet. How nice!

So the month is over heh? A few final laps for the judges, meanwhile we can rest, at long last!
Again this year, excellent works in the animation department. How you madman can do this is beyond me. The rendertimes, specifically : I only did two animations, but I had to use a renderfarm and the costs ramp up so fast !
Still pictures bring their own challenges - like the whole concept of the motion week, for instance - but it's probably less hectic.

Anyway, let's see what the final results will be!

edit : when the boss says "png", the idiot Wolrajh provides a JPG, naturally.
edit2 : owooops I had apparently deleted the pic entirely :S

Edited by Wolrajh - April 4, 2023 13:10:23

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.RGB.jpg (1.3 MB)

66 posts
'T'was fun. Thanks for the competition!

Attachments:
iron-heart.png (3.4 MB)

34 posts
It was a very hard but exciting time! Thanks to you,
I was able to create a lot of VJs material !!

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheeddt [復元].png (4.1 MB)

35 posts
Thank you for the past month!
It was a challenging month, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Above all, it was exciting to see exceptional works of art on the forum every day.
Out of my own creations, I particularly favor Rock, Trees, and Run.

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet_ayanotft.png (4.0 MB)

39 posts
Well, that was an interesting and very challenging month. I'm happy that I managed to participate even though rendering isn't my strongest side(a.k.a. I know nothing, but try none the less ). But seeing all the stuff everyone was doing - it was very inspiring and I'm really thankful for this experience. Congrats to everyone and hope to see you again next year.
Edited by m00nset - April 1, 2023 02:54:25

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet_Baycheva.png (4.3 MB)

33 posts
I started learing Houdini at March 1, and I have got quite a few techniques.
Thank you for all of participants and SideFX team !

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.png (2.2 MB)

149 posts
Thanks sidefx for holding this challenge again, so many wonderful animations and stills, thank you all.
I learned I really like the noise attribute node, and that I still have a lot to learn

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet electricalpencil.png (5.5 MB)

122 posts
I've had some good days and some bad ones but overall very happy to have made something every day.

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.png (3.4 MB)

32 posts
Learned a lot, slept way less

I took advantage of the challenge to test Solaris and USD for some prompt, and I did not expect it to be that powerful. It is always a pleasure to discover new aspects of the software.

I am amazed by how people managed to give such wonderful and high detailed results considering we had to do each image or animation in one day, and the will to progress for some discovering the software. A lot of progress through this month!
I still don't understand how the animation people managed to get these results, that's a whole other level!

Congratulation to everyone, and thank you SideFX Team for hosting this challenge!

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.png (3.6 MB)

96 posts
So it is done. March is such a fun month thanks to you guys, but can get quite taxing.
I had a little objective for myself this year, I'm probably more on the beginner side of the spectrum here since I don't have much professional experience, so I'm not delusional enough to hope I could actually win this thing (yet...) but I wanted to make it to the daily winners page and I did! So you can take your prizes and be happy I've got my own + a kick ass iron heart T-shirt.

Sometimes I had to cut corners, hard... and I grabbed any resource available for free to be able to compete with you guys. I tried to overcome my technical difficulties with interesting and creative ideas and the element of fun, with varying results. I have once again learned a lot and played with solutions and render setting I'd usually leave alone. Karma makes it easier nowadays so thanks for that!

It's been an honor to compete with you guys and gals, massive thanks to SideFX for doing this and I'll see you next year!

PS. I'm actually thinking some of you have found a clever way to use Time Shift SOP to extend your day in real life like come on!

Aleksander Moskwa

That's me rn
Edited by Requson - April 1, 2023 05:42:04

Attachments:
AMV_Mardini2023_Requson.png (4.0 MB)

33 posts
It's been a fun month learning Houdini : D congrats everyone!
Edited by spiderlili - April 1, 2023 06:08:13

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet_spiderlili.png (3.8 MB)

103 posts
This month passed suprisingly quick.

I'm happy that I took part in Mardini this year. Hopefully I'll be able to see you again next year.

It's beyond my imagination how you all managed to create such beautiful renders, even in just one day.

Kudos to all of you!
Edited by thimer - April 1, 2023 13:23:52

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.png (3.9 MB)

80 posts
My second Mardini and Iron Heart complete !
Did better than last year which is encouraging, means hopefully I can improve next year and who knows maybe win this whole thing in a couple years

Congratulations to everyone, part of the fun of Mardini is seeing all the awesome art from everyone !

See you next year !

Attachments:
test_contact_sheet.png (3.5 MB)

47 posts
Thank you very much for this beautiful opportunity SideFX, I really had a great time here in the competition with a lot of positive effort : )
Edited by AlfredoSMC - April 1, 2023 10:12:30

Attachments:
PNG formato Mardini complete works 2023.png (1.2 MB)

280 posts
Excellent work everyone! what a month, you end up living in your own little bubble after a week or two, but very rewarding experience as always!

Cheers everyone!

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet_thomasklyhnchristensen.png (4.6 MB)

https://www.thomaskchristensen.com [www.thomaskchristensen.com]
65 posts
My 2nd mardini completed!
I could make better animations than last year!
Thanks!

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.png (2.6 MB)

168 posts
Thanks again SideFx for the challenge, I needed this although i started late. I know my Houdini knowledge and skills have improved over last year, but still some way to go. Used Solaris and Karma for several prompts, win win.

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet_RhysSion.png (3.3 MB)

39 posts
First mardini completed, hopefully many more to come!
Image Not Found

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet.png (3.1 MB)

71 posts
What a month! Learned so many new things and improved my workflow a lot.
Thanks for the nice feedback and great inspiration.
It was amazing to see all your work!

Cheers!

Attachments:
mardini2023_ironheart_contact_sheet_janhebein.png (3.3 MB)

https://www.youtube.com/@janhebeincgi
https://twitter.com/janhebein [twitter.com]
https://www.instagram.com/janhebein/ [www.instagram.com]
  • Quick Links