Flowfields

6005   6   1
4 posts
Hello all,

I am pondering flowfields. I want to create this process in houdini. Has anyone else atempted this?

Thanks
7722 posts
What do you mean by “process”? Just curious, what type of thing are you considering flowfields for? Are you actually talking about fluid related stuff, or more in general, vector fields? In H9, there's a lot more support for stuff like that.
4 posts
I guess I am looking for a 2d approach to creating wake, waves, and ripples in a surface. I have boats, oars, etc. reacting with the water surface. I need a way to create realistice wake and ripples from that interaction.

Thanks
7722 posts
In the latest H9 builds, there's the new Wave and Ripple DOPs that are effectively 2D solutions. You might want to take a look.
731 posts
edward
In the latest H9 builds, there's the new Wave and Ripple DOPs that are effectively 2D solutions. You might want to take a look.
Cool, I found the ripple stuff, works well. But where is the wave DOP? Is it called something else? I want to do boat wakes with swirling fluid effects.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
731 posts
No wave DOP then? It was all a ruse?
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
Staff
6205 posts
Wave was what Ripple was briefly called. So there is no wave, just ripple. To the distress of mathematicians, “Wave” makes people think of breaking waves, which are difficult to have in a pure 2d world.
  • Quick Links