3) vim
4) vim
5) vim
6) (…still analyzing…)
7) Everything else
8) TheCluelessAlex
454 posts
Phenom
Per request I would like to start a new thread and ask any and all Houdini Users if they would, as of now prefer working in H8.x, or H9.x

H9 - HOM, SOHO, UI, Fluids, Volumes. All big ++

Phenom
I have come to a compromise though. I will do my volumetric stuff in Maya, which is reliable and I can use with a certain amount of efficiency, and I will continue doing particle work in H8, which is also reliable and I can work with a certain amount of efficiency.

My verdict on H9 - it's a myth and it's been busted.

H9 isn't Maya. People should use what ever package they feel more comfortable in. I personally never used the viewport pre H9, so if there are bugs with the new workflows and UI they're not bothering me much.

Cheers
519 posts
I want a coffee SOP…
454 posts
Pagefan
I want a coffee SOP…

only if it doesn't dent my fragile ego…

:twisted:
519 posts
Maybe Sesi could make two coffee SOPs one Fresh Coffee for the fragile and one Reheated, Yesterdays Leftover Coffee SOP for the strong hearted…
519 posts
Hmmm that JOT seems nice, think i want that too…Maybe sesi could make us some nice Christmas presents

RFE
- Coffee SOP
- Ristretto SOP
- Smart tabbing
- JOT SOP (or rather a ROP)
- since there are so many (g)vi(m) geeks here would it be possible if sesi maintained a highlight syntax file?
4140 posts
- since there are so many (g)vi(m) geeks here: would it be possible if sesi maintained a highlight syntax file?

For what - hscript cmd files? AFAIK the push is to get Python up to scratch and go that route and support hscript for legacy only - at some point(don't everyone start screaming at once) I believe hscript will go away.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
4262 posts
Pagefan
- since there are so many (g)vi(m) geeks here: would it be possible if sesi maintained a highlight syntax file?

tcsh/csh is so close to hscript that I just set gvim to use that. Works like a charm.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
  • Quick Links