Linux graphical issues

5811   5   1
320 posts
Not sure if anyone is familiar with diagnosing this type of issue, but here goes..

I am getting seg faults when I play with the color settings. (Edit > Color Settings > moving the sliders) My shell spits out a bunch of X11 related errors right before the crash. Still, not really losing sleep over this one, but I would like to increase my saturation a hair.

Also, just tonight I got this error when opening the channel editor.

UI_EVENT_VALUE_CHANGE to UI_ScrollBar
Event Queue dropping 94470 events.
Event Queue Full. Events being dropped:
UI_EVENT_VALUE_CHANGE to UI_StepButton
Event Queue dropping 72604 events.
UI_EVENT_VALUE_CHANGE to UI_Slider
Event Queue dropping 60543 events.
UI_EVENT_RESIZE to X11_Window
Event Queue dropping 6 events.
UI_EVENT_VALUE_CHANGE to UI_Slider
Event Queue dropping 58445 events.
UI_EVENT_REDRAW to X11_Window

This however did not cause a crash. Does anyone know what this means? I'm not sure if it's my setup or Houdini.

Apprentice HD 9.0.794
Ubuntu 7.04 (x86_64)
Nvidia quadro fx4500 - most recent drivers - composite disabled, ci overlay on, vertical trace - off.
AMD x2 Opteron's

Also.. random question. I would get the most recent daily build but there's no notes for them lately. Does SESI compile a new daily build even without changes, or do they adjust things that aren't “worthy” of noting in the dev journal?

Thanks
www.alan-warren.com
Staff
1072 posts
Alanw
This however did not cause a crash. Does anyone know what this means? I'm not sure if it's my setup or Houdini.

This generally means that Houdini is generating too many internal UI events. This is almost always a bug in Houdini, not your setup.
339 posts
This has been a continuing problem for me on Ubuntu, CentOS and OSX. It usually happens when I'm in VOPS trying to lay down a node, it fails and all of a sudden it just doesn't allow me to lay nodes down at all anymore. The only remedy I've found is to restart my session.
Anyone else running into this?
Jesse Erickson
Fx Animator
WDAS
12 posts
Yep we also get that error from time to time and have to restart the session.

We're running CentOS.

probably should let support@sidefx know eh…
339 posts
Oh wow, I didn't realize this issue dated back so far. Still hitting this all the time on CentOS 5. Anyone figure out a non-restartical solution?
Jesse Erickson
Fx Animator
WDAS
75 posts
I'm also seeing this error on expecially long pulldown menus like the one for deleting groups in sops group node, when you have a lot of separate object groups. I'm doing a lot of shattering geo lately, and when
this error happens enough times it starts to turn the pulldown black and the list is offset badly.
  • Quick Links