a simple question about about expression

3201   3   0
313 posts
whenever I write an expression of an object, it takes me quite a bit of time to type the path of the object correctly.
e.g. /obj/model/grid/TX……………….

I would easily make some typing mistakes. Does anyone know a convinient way that I can get the path of a object or channels very quickly and accuately?
Staff
3455 posts
sometimes I use a null and drag+drop stuff on to it…then just copy and paste from there…not great but it works
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
4140 posts
RMB over the channel you'd like to reference(either over the value field or the name label), and select “Copy”, then RMB over the place you'd like the reference to go. There's lots of options there - among them are Paste Copied Reference, which will put absolute paths in your expression, or Paste Relative Reference, which will use “../../” etc.

Drag and drop also works when both panes are up, otherwise this is more accurate. Of course, being a fast, accurate typist is also an option.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
Staff
3455 posts
ah…well…the RMB options are great for this , but if you're building a more complex expression the RMB options will paste over anything in that channel…this might be a handy RFE…a “Paste into…” option..
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links