Rendering Error

3544   6   1
6 posts
Hi All,

I am relatively new to houdini. I seem to have an annoying issue with rendering. Everytime I use the Render Region tool, I get an error as follows:

IMG_TileWrite::socketWrite: No such file or directory
mantra: Error writing data to image device

I setup a a ROP with the mantra render node but still get this error. I hope this is a quick fix.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
2 posts
Same problem. On Win XP x64 with quadro Fx 4600, and on laptop win7 x64 with nvidia 7600 go.
6 posts
I see. I am running on windows 7 but need to check what kind of graphic card I have. I hope there is some type of solution to this besides hardware
6 posts
Well here's a bit of an update on this issue:

It seems something in my Houdini is causing problems with the render region tool, not sure if its software, hardware, or the windows 7 os. The only way to get my renders to show up is to actually render it with a camera. I know it doesn't solve this issue but at least I can see my projects rendered, this scared me a bit because I thought I wouldn't be able to render anything.

I am navigating my way through Houdini and so far I LOVE the software. I can't wait till I get to the good stuff and for that reason you folks should be seeing me around this forum a lot more
127 posts
On XP64 I have that problem mostly when canceling the render region half way, seems like mantra wants to send more stuff down a socket that has been closed. Maybe check if you have some firewall/antivirus running that might be running interferance somewhere.
Best regards,
Fabian
2 posts
A found a a solution. In my case it´s the avast anti-virus. Even if I disable, it stills running a process in memory. After uninstall it and reboot my region render work as should.

I start testing houdini in the begin of this week and I´m loving it too. Node base 3D makes more sense to me because I´m already used to eyeon fusion node base compositor.

regards,
psygoo
7725 posts
Thanks for the heads up, Psygoo! I've updated the community wiki on this:
http://odforce.net/wiki/index.php/IncompatibleSoftware [odforce.net]
  • Quick Links