Copying/pasting multiple parameters

3781   3   2
1799 posts
Hi community! I was wondering if there is an out of the box way in Houdini to copy multiple parameters in between DAs or SOPs (I.e. I have a DA with modeling parameters and lighting parameters on it, and I want to copy only the lighting parameters across several instances of the DA)

So far I have tried these:

- right clicking on a parameter in the parameter window only copies/pastes a single parameter

- saving a parameter preset saves and applies all the parameters of the DA (modeling and lighting). I only want to save/apply the lighting parameters

- right clicking in the parameter spreadsheet (even with multiple parameters selected) only copies/pastes the single parameter I right click into

These only allow to transfer either all parameters or a single parameter, whereas I need to transfer a subset of parameters. Is there a way to do this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
-G
Staff
3455 posts
in a textport
cd to your HDA
run this:

opscript -b .

then strip out the stuff you don't want

HTH
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
224 posts
I would use HOM to query all the parms (hou.node('.').parms()) and filter what you need. Basically same as arctor recommended.
Senior Technical Artist Guerrilla Games
1799 posts
Thank you! It looks that I can even get an array of all of the parameters in a folder (which is where all my lighting settings are ).

Thank you again!
-G
  • Quick Links