How to stop a Camera from being used for Rendering

1945   3   1
6 posts
Hi All,

I want to lock a camera somehow so that it cannot be used for rendering. This will be part of a pipeline tool (using python). We already have custom tools which creates the camera. But for one show, we have two different camera, one used only for viewing and other used only for rendering. I want to lock the view camera, so a user cannot specify it in a ROP.

Thanks.
Alok Gandhi
7025 posts
Why not lock the channel for the path to the camera in the ROP?
Staff
3455 posts
I don't think there is anything to do this…

a possibly better solution would be to have cameras and rops that are built based on the shot - this way you can point a rop to a specifically named camera…personally I don't think anyone should be touching/building cameras or rops by hand - they should be generated automatically by a script (or whatever) based on the shot environment - it should always be harder to work outside the pipeline.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
6 posts
I agree on both the points gentlemen. This is the same as one of my co-worker suggested. I was just wondering if there was another way, like in Maya you can lock the camera attribute “Renderable” and the camera can never be used for rendering in any pass.

Thanks so much.
Alok Gandhi