GT555M Nvidia card..anyone having problems on 344.11 driver?

5152   11   0
304 posts
what the title says.
I recenly updated my drivers to be able to properly test new Houdini versions and since I did it I´m having display problems.
Objects appear on wireframe view, but I can´t see them on solid views…

It tends to happen more when I open cached geometry than when I´m creating it myself…

anybody else got this?
I understand it´s not one of the recommended cards, but it workd perfectly before…
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
19 posts
Yes I am having issues with the new Nvidia drivers as well. Have GTX680 and now flat shaded views dont display polygonal objects only nurbes in GL3.3 very irritating.
7750 posts
I've heard that the 344 series drivers are having serious problems. Try 340 or earlier (eg. 331.38 on Linux)
951 posts
Also having problems with the same driver here.
https://vimeo.com/user2163076 [vimeo.com]
1104 posts
I've used the 344 on both a 780 GTX ti and a 770 and in both cases there was several issues, which in both cases where helped by downgrading to 340.52
/M

Personal Houdini test videos, http://vimeo.com/magnusl3d/ [vimeo.com]
Staff
5163 posts
This is fixed in H13.0.560 (tomorrow's cut).
19 posts
twod
This is fixed in H13.0.560 (tomorrow's cut).

perfect, thank you for letting us know twod
3 posts
Wow.

I'm in the process of learning Houdini, and came here to report this issue. I'm not terribly surprised that the bug has already been mentioned, but I am amazed that Side Effects has already fixed it. :shock: Some other companies could learn a lot from your responsiveness to customer issues.
3 posts
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing this problem in Houdini 13.0.567 with the NVIDIA 344.11 drivers. I guess I'll try downgrading drivers for now.
19 posts
They said they had to roll back the changes to teh driver due to older Nvidia drivers not being able to function properly .560 build works for newest drivers tho if you can get it still.
3 posts
kreahk
They said they had to roll back the changes to teh driver due to older Nvidia drivers not being able to function properly .560 build works for newest drivers tho if you can get it still.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. For now, I've fixed the problem by installing the NVIDIA 340.52 driver.
Staff
5163 posts
I've made a second attempt to fix this for 344 without breaking older Nvidia drivers (and AMD drivers) in 13.0.570.
  • Quick Links