Voice commands to summon nodes.

2997   5   3
75 posts
My phone does it. All 4 of my Operating systems do it. My Car does it. My PS4 Does it.

Tab is incredible! I love it. Its friggen amazing. Why not have the option to just say point node and BAM there is it. I know tab is not that difficult at all. But if you are moving fast. Some voice commands could be cool.

Houdini! Give me one grid node one group node and one poly extrude node.

I'm just saying.
- “spooky action at a distance”. Albert Einstein
Staff
476 posts
Houdini answers: How would you like it cooked?
150 posts
Well typically the speed of putting down your nodes is not the critical factor for anything non trivial.

It makes more sense to identify the patterns you tend to use repeatedly and create presets (for example as a shelf button) to build them rapidly.

Also I can't imagine myself talking to my screen all the time at work
Technical Reel 2015 [vimeo.com]
23 posts
Heh Awesome idea man ! Will try to merge HDK plugin with some 3rd party libraries , will see if it's gonna work 8)
9 posts
I would like to humbly (but strongly) second this request. Houdini has presented one of the steepest learning curves it has been my pleasure to tackle. However it wasn't until I began to talk my process out both while planning and working, that I finally began to 'get it'. I believe voice recognition/commands would help countless learners and professionals be more productive almost by accident.

I'm not in my 20's anymore... someone else hop into the HDK and get paid! lol
27 posts
Guillaume
Houdini answers: How would you like it cooked?

is there a way to "tab in", multiple operators?

for example.. most often an iso-offset has a scatter following it.. it would be a huge timesaver to tab <sop1> <sop2> <sop3> <enter>
Edited by carthick - April 29, 2021 16:06:21
  • Quick Links