Mantra won't render out full scene.

2788   6   0
72 posts
This just started happening. Only the far right edge of the scene renders then stops. It was rendering just fine before I just imported some more objects into the scene, then it started doing this. Not sure what I broke…

Attachments:
Render issue.jpg (227.4 KB)

2624 posts
Can you render straight to disk instead of MPLAY ? . Remember Enter a output path in your ROP

Rob
Gone fishing
72 posts
Yeah, it still does the same thing when I render straight to disk…
Here are my settings below, I clicked Render to Disk but same thing happens.

Attachments:
Render issue02.jpg (312.2 KB)

948 posts
My suggestion is to start Houdini in a shell environment, if you are in windows you can use Cygwin IMHO going to a Linux environment is always the best option.

After that you can go to the statistics tab on mantra rop and turn on verbosity to check the error messages to debug your render then try again and see what mantra is complaining about, is really hard just from a screen shot guess what is happening.

Other suggestion is to try render without textures to see if the problem is related to it.

I hope that helps.
https://vimeo.com/user2163076 [vimeo.com]
2624 posts
Post up a simplified scene file that breaks

Rob
Gone fishing
710 posts
You don't have any cropping set on your camera, do you?
72 posts
Thanks DaJuice, it looks like it was the cropping on the camera! Somehow a slider was changed, not sure how. My mouse is buggy and sometimes clicks when I don't want it to, really need to just go grab a new one, could have been that. Thanks everyone for the help!!!
Edited by Sneil - Jan. 15, 2017 11:21:37
  • Quick Links