newbie questions

2579   6   0
15 posts
hello. just installed Houdini Apprentice and try to make some simulations. and have some problems.
my model is a bottle which contains also cork, tap and label.
1. How is possible to “stick” all parts together? I tried some variations and also combine, but every time my parts are run out from the body. Any idea?

2. When I imported fbx objects and turn them to rigid bodies they didn't fall down in some reason. What's wrong?

3. How is possible to save geometry of animation frame? I tried with liquid simulation and saved liquid's mesh but can't do the same for an object which falls in liquid.

Thank you.
Edited by glmr - March 6, 2017 15:29:22
434 posts
depending of what you want you can use the @active attr or use constraints to get all the pieces together then in DOPs you call to break those constraints or make the @active = 1 in a frame that you want. There is different ways to control you RBD in H.

but you better start off looking at the master classes, so you understand how thing work

https://vimeo.com/56916407 [vimeo.com]

https://vimeo.com/80840429 [vimeo.com]
15 posts
I just can't understand how one rigid objects passes through another one.
434 posts
I dont understand what you are trying to say? You mean you just one object to be and RBD? maybe upload your .hip file.
15 posts
I'm trying to say that my bottle (rbd or static object) doesn't hold a liquid (flip) and the liquid comes through the bottle. and also my bottle (rbd) doesn't hold cork (rbd) and label (rbd) during movements, so they don't fall together.
Staff
3456 posts
without seeing your hip file it's hard to know what's wrong, but a quick guess is that the collision geometry isn't good enough…to check, go into DOPs and select each of the objects and then on the Bullet Data tab turn on Show Guide Geometry - you'll want to adjust this until the blue guide geometry properly matched your bottle (be sure to turn guide geometry off when you're done)
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
15 posts
so, I resolved the problem of sticking objects with keyframes.

but I still can't work with fbx files and I don't know if it is possible to export from Indie version a whole scene frame with meshed liquid and fallen objects.
  • Quick Links