Baketexture from hipoly to lowpoly renders only white/black image without details

2860   3   1
7 posts
I'm trying to create procedural rock generator and during tests with creating normal map from hipoly version to lowpoly I hit a wall.

Gernerator creates UVs for lowpoly version:

Added baketexture node in Out Networks, and after setting UV Object1 to lowres version of generator, and HighRes Object1 to hires I got (black/white image without any details for all output formats, tangent-pace notmal, displacement, occlusion, cavity, etc):

I tried also use scaled up version of lowpoly geometry to use as UV Cage Obejct1 with exactly same result.

What am I doing wrong? I could use xnormal after exporting both geometries to obj files but as Houdini allows that approach it could be nice to have this all-in-one place, generator will be used to create different variants of rocks as game assets.
7 posts
Thanks for help… I figured out it myself, it may be worth for someone in future: it was enabled by default Disable Lighting/Emission (undocumented option as I see).
I must say, Your docs are crap SideFX - hope you'll fix that soon
Staff
2591 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/props/mantra [www.sidefx.com]

It's the first property if you search for “Baking Properties”. We'll see about updating the Mantra User Guide.
7771 posts
The help page for the bake texture render node could use a refresh. Not very many of the default properties are mentioned, and some tabs are completely omitted.
  • Quick Links